Because the systems take waste energy from another process (combustion to propel a vehicle) which would normally be lost (dissipated to the outside air) and recovers it for a useful purpose (to heat the passenger compartment).
At the same time AUTOTHERM ERS systems are energy conservation systems as well because they reduce fuel consumption by eliminating the need to idle in order to keep vehicle interiors warm in winter.
- How does the AUTOTHERM ERS system work?
- I run overnight in a sleeper cab and stop to rest for 3 or 4 hours. Is the AUTOTHERM ERS system able to keep the sleeper warm?
- Can I install the AUTOTHERM ERS system myself?
- How long does it take to install the system on a truck?
- How much fuel can the AUTOTHERM ERS system save me?
- If the system runs such a long time, won’t this run the battery down?
- Why do you call AUTOTHERM ERS a system?
- Do I need my ignition key to run the AUTOTHERM ERS system?
- How long will AUTOTHERM ERS systems keep a stationary truck warm?
- Why is the AUTOTHERM ERS system called an energy recovery system?