No, you do not need the key in the ignition.
Leaving the ignition key in the on or accessory positions will prevent the system from functioning.
AUTOTHERM ERS systems work only when the engine is off.
The vehicle can be left safely locked with the system running.
The driver can return to a warm interior hours later without the need to clear snow or ice since it usually melts as it falls on a warm surface.
- How does the AUTOTHERM ERS system work?
- I run overnight in a sleeper cab and stop to rest for 3 or 4 hours. Is the AUTOTHERM ERS system able to keep the sleeper warm?
- Can I install the AUTOTHERM ERS system myself?
- How long does it take to install the system on a truck?
- How much fuel can the AUTOTHERM ERS system save me?
- If the system runs such a long time, won’t this run the battery down?
- Why do you call AUTOTHERM ERS a system?
- Do I need my ignition key to run the AUTOTHERM ERS system?
- How long will AUTOTHERM ERS systems keep a stationary truck warm?
- Why is the AUTOTHERM ERS system called an energy recovery system?