Because AUTOTHERM ERS systems are integrated into the vehicle’s electrical, heating and engine systems to operate automatically in cold weather each time the engine is turned off.
No buttons to push or adjustments to make.
The heater continues to run at the same comfort level as when the engine was running.
A seasonal on/off switch turns the system on at the beginning of the heating season and off at the end. An automatic version even turns the system on and off between seasons.
A nice feature for truckers traveling between warm and cold areas of the country.
A central control unit monitors all functions and operations, automatically turning the system on when the engine is turned off and terminating operation when engine coolant temperatures drop below comfort levels.
- How does the AUTOTHERM ERS system work?
- I run overnight in a sleeper cab and stop to rest for 3 or 4 hours. Is the AUTOTHERM ERS system able to keep the sleeper warm?
- Can I install the AUTOTHERM ERS system myself?
- How long does it take to install the system on a truck?
- How much fuel can the AUTOTHERM ERS system save me?
- If the system runs such a long time, won’t this run the battery down?
- Why do you call AUTOTHERM ERS a system?
- Do I need my ignition key to run the AUTOTHERM ERS system?
- How long will AUTOTHERM ERS systems keep a stationary truck warm?
- Why is the AUTOTHERM ERS system called an energy recovery system?