The system is not designed for sleepers for 8 hours of rest.
There is not enough heat energy stored in the system to accomplish this.
However, sleepers with integral bunk heaters can be kept warm for approximately the same time as the cab, which might be sufficient for short rest stops of 3 or 4 hours.
A sleeper kit is available for this purpose and allows the driver to actuate the bunk heater fan.
- How does the AUTOTHERM ERS system work?
- I run overnight in a sleeper cab and stop to rest for 3 or 4 hours. Is the AUTOTHERM ERS system able to keep the sleeper warm?
- Can I install the AUTOTHERM ERS system myself?
- How long does it take to install the system on a truck?
- How much fuel can the AUTOTHERM ERS system save me?
- If the system runs such a long time, won’t this run the battery down?
- Why do you call AUTOTHERM ERS a system?
- Do I need my ignition key to run the AUTOTHERM ERS system?
- How long will AUTOTHERM ERS systems keep a stationary truck warm?
- Why is the AUTOTHERM ERS system called an energy recovery system?